|Title:||Vice President for Enrollment & Marketing|
Vice President for Enrollment & Marketing
Academic Career & Executive Search is assisting Presentation College with a search for Vice President for Enrollment & Marketing.
Presentation College seeks a results-driven visionary and strategist and change agent with a track record of success leading teams and growing enrollment to serve as its Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing (VPEM). The highly collaborative and engaging leader demonstrates a proven track record of success motivating teams towards a common goal.
Utilizing current trends, best practices and previous experience, the successful candidate employs a data-driven approach to target and grow a student body well-suited for Presentation College. This dynamic leader is comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple operations including Financial Aid, Enrollment, Marketing/Communications, Admissions/Enrollment Management operations and Retention.
The VPEM reports to the president and serves on the president’s leadership team, working closely and collaborating with other senior leaders and the board of trustees to provide strategic direction on enrollment and marketing/public relations matters. The VPEM also collaborates with academic deans, sharing enrollment projections and determining short and long-term targets for tuition revenue and headcount.
- Managing an operating budget of $1.5 million, financial aid awarding of “funded and unfunded scholarships and grants” of $4,549,344and 16 staff members in admissions, financial aid and enrollment
- Ensuring the initial and ongoing development and training of all staff in the division
- Building, leading and motivating the appropriate teams to ensure that enrollment goals are met
- Developing, implementing and leading an integrated marketing and communication plan in partnership with Presentation's leadership team
- Collaborating with deans, program directors, and others to develop annual marketing plans to achieve academic program department enrollment goals
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan. Creating and leading the strategic direction for the admissions and financial aid offices, developing long- and short-term strategies that ensure a diverse student population's access to and success at the University, while supporting the enrollment goals of the University
- Analyzing data related to strategic directions; proactively assess the effectiveness of division activities in response to the PC's mission and objectives; and provide leadership on policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to enrollment management best practices
- Serving as the primary analytical resource for units throughout the institution by producing routine, descriptive statistics comparing and contrasting enrollment trends over time, and developing predictive models for traditional and non-traditional populations across all campuses
- Providing students and their families the financial awareness and education necessary to successfully finance their educational pursuits at Presentation College
- Serve as the principal steward of Presentation College’s public image by overseeing all media relations and communications with internal and external constituents
- Serve as the chief advisor to the President and others within the college’s leadership team on communications strategies and opportunities. This leadership and vision will help Presentation College develop and implement communications plans that utilize multiple platforms
- A Master's degree
- Minimum five years progressive experience and leadership in enrollment management
- Proven success in setting and meeting both enrollment and marketing operation goals
- Experience with budget oversight
- Experience with financial aid and leveraging
- Proven leadership experience and team development
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to lead
- Current in knowledge of best practices and trends in enrollment
- A proven track record of data informed decision making
- Demonstrated ability with enrollment management systems and web-based recruitment initiatives is essential, as is a sense of humor and a strong work ethic
- Current understanding of branding and savvy marketing strategies specifically applicable to student recruitment in the digital market place
- Dedication to Presentation College’s strategic direction which ensures enrollment stability and growth momentum while increasing proficiency, productivity and outcomes in recruitment and marketing.
- A high level of understanding of website design/functionality, digital analytics, and familiarity with a social media suite, strong connotative skills and the ability to analyze issues critically
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills and outstanding integrity
- Must believe in, and persuasively articulate the mission and values of Presentation College
About Presentation College:
Founded in 1951 in Aberdeen, South Dakota, Presentation College (PC) focuses on career- directed undergraduate and graduate programs of study in three academic divisions: Health and Natural Science, Nursing, and Social Science and Humanities. Students are part of a diversified higher education experience with emphasis on critical thinking, analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and effective communication skills. Presentation College is a faith-based institution in the Catholic tradition.
Presentation College has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and School since 1971. Academic discipline-specific national accreditations include: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, and Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
The College has undergone significant improvements since the arrival of Dr. Margaret Huber in 2012. The most recent, in 2017, a new $1.5 million health professions simulation center. This facility revolutionizes how PC healthcare majors learn to provide high-quality patient care.
Living in Aberdeen, South Dakota:
The third largest city in South Dakota, Aberdeen offers undeniable beauty in a town small enough to know your neighbors but large enough to offer all the amenities and resources of a small city. Aberdeen has numerous restaurants, shopping, amusement parks and theaters. Miles of outdoor trails, parks, golf courses and sports complexes provide everything for the outdoor enthusiast. Considered a college town, Aberdeen is home to Presentation College and Northern State University.
The area offers a friendly Midwestern feel with the added benefits of low unemployment and crime rates, no state income tax and a median home price of $150,000. The area boasts 199 sunny days per year with highs in July of 84 and lows in January of 2. Within the city is the airport making travel extremely convenient.
Aberdeen is an ideal place to live and raise a family with good school systems and many parks available.
Presentation College is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Inquiries, referrals and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to Academic Career & Executive Search: Jennifer@ACESrch.com or call 860-740-2600.